Internationally renowned performers, young, upcoming musicians and participants in our courses: the programmes range from early music, classicism and Romanticism music to jazz, rock and pop. As we have already been working on historical performance practice in Michaelstein for 50 years now, we like to choose baroque music, and especially works that have only just been rediscovered! As a highlight, these works can also be heard on instruments from our collection.
The historically listed monastery offers an incomparable atmosphere for events, held in the refectory, the salon, in the old smithy or in our great concert hall, the music barn ...
Tickets can be purchased during opening hours from the museum ticket desk, 24/7 online at Reservix or at Reservix-advance booking offices
From appearances by up-and-coming solo artists to the ensemble’s final presentation, from classical music to jazz, from amateur to professional, our academy concerts are incredibly diverse. But they all have one thing in common: the musicians play everything live.
An old monastery like Michaelstein offers atmospheric spaces for performing music, from the history-steeped cloister to the modern concert hall.
Apart from the music barn, refectory, St. Michael's Church, salon and old smithy, the garth, the cloister and the monastic gardens are also sometimes used for musical events.
- Michaelstein museum ticket office | November to March: Weds–Sun 11 a.m.–4 p.m./April to October: every day from 10 a.m.–6 p.m. or one hour before the event begins | tel. +49 3944 9030-15 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online tickets: www.kloster-michaelstein.de
- Reservix network advance booking offices (www.reservix.de/vorverkaufsstellen), e.g. tourist information offices in Blankenburg, Wernigerode, Halberstadt, Goslar, Wolfenbüttel, Bad Harzburg (Goslarsche Zeitung)
- Sales on the day/at the evening box office begin one hour before the event starts. Tickets for events in the music barn are generally sold there, in the foyer. Tickets for all other events are sold at the museum ticket office.
- For various events without seating (workshops, special tours etc.) but where numbers are limited, visitors are recommended to buy tickets or book in advance.
You can put together a bespoke concert package from all the concerts which are part of our season ticket series. A 20% discount is granted from 6 concerts. The museum ticket office will be happy to help.